Thursday, August 19, 2010

Woo-Hoo!! It's the Halfway Mark for the 60-Day Content Challenge!

Woo-Hoo!! It's the Halfway Mark for the 60-Day Content Challenge!

I never doubted I could do it, but I don't think I would have done it without the challenge, Jordan "Jomo" Molotsky's throwdown on July 21st. I took the bait. Figured I'm woman and writer and marketer enough to create new content every day for 60 straight days. Now, we're 30 days in and I'm halfway there.

And in celebration this milestone, I'm giving away a little something. It's an eBook I created called The First-Time Author's Guide to Hiring the Right Editor for YOU. Just click the title link to download the eBook. No strings of any sort.

I do have to admit, the idea for this eBook did not start with me. Rather, I saw a promotional piece from Joe Polish about a guy - a duct cleaner - who wrote a little throwaway trifold brochure on how and why to hire a duct cleaner. I'm serious. A DUCT cleaner - like the vents in your house. The interesting part was not the brochure itself, but the idea it sparked in me to write my own epistle about my industry. The result was the 30-page eBook you're getting ready to download.

PLEASE READ THIS PART - IT'S IMPORTANT!


Even if you have no need, nor do you think you will ever have a need, to hire an editor, I encourage you to download the eBook and read it. For one thing, you may discover that you do need an editor after all. But much more importantly, it can serve as a prototype for your own eBook - much as the duct brochure was the catalyst for this eBook.


Points to Make in Your eBook

  • Give people all the arguments against hiring someone in your industry or specialization - and then, one by one, dismantle their arguments. 
  • Teach people the least they should expect from a qualified practitioner in your field. 
  • Give them pointers on how to do it themselves - with the suggestion that it's ill-advised to do so, but you'd never want to stop them from trying. 
  • And make sure to promote your blog or Web site throughout the book.

Think about putting the book on CDs, so that you've got something tangible to give a prospect who is expressing real interest. Sure - you want to refer them to your Web site, but the CD should go into a little more depth - and it's like a business card on steroids.


This is but one use for an eBook. I've got lots more tips up my sleeve ... some of which I'll be sure to share with you during the second half of the 60-Day Content Challenge!


Ciao for now! 




This is Day 30 in the 60-Day Content Challenge. See you tomorrow for the next post!
_______________________________________

Sign up today for Laura's next workshop, Want to Charge More? Start Writing! Or e-mail your writing, marketing, or design questions to Laura.


Tweet This ! (Click On It For Url Shortening)  Share On Facebook !

Share On Google Buzz !  Add To Del.icio.us !

Share On Digg !  Share On Reddit ! 

Share On LinkedIn !  Share On StumbleUpon !

Share On Friend Feed !  Share On Yahoo Buzz !

Share On Google Reader !  Send An Email !

Blog Feed ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment