Here are 10 steps that you probably already know, but for some reason may not be implementing:
- Get out there and meet people - attend as many quality networking events as you can.
- Look for opportunities to be a connector - become known for introducing smart people to each other.
- Use social media to build relationships - NOT to spam or sell.
- Be a resource for people - willingly share knowledge about your industry without looking to gain anything.
- Blog regularly - offer quality content on a consistent basis.
- Make your Web site, blog, facebook page EASY for people to navigate.
- Thank people who give you referrals immediately.
- FOLLOW UP!!!!
- Use video - it's a bit more work, but worth the effort. Ask Joey Sampaga!
- Enjoy yourself - people are immensely attracted to others who are happy, upbeat, smiling, and look like they love what they do.
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back,
The sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.
~ Author Unknown
Sign up today for Laura's next workshop, Brand Yourself & Build Your Business. Or e-mail your marketing or design questions to Laura.