"Do what I say, not what I do." Who hasn't heard this phrase? Who thinks it's a good one to live by - particularly when it comes to a marketer who routinely advises her clients to blog regularly?
All my excuses evaporated today when I accepted Jordan 'Jomo' Molotsky's 60-Day Content Challenge. That's right - 60 days in a row of video, blog, or article content, created and posted. For me, it will more than likely all be blogging - although you can look for a video or two among those in the coming weeks.
Check out the video that inspired my participation in this 60-day challenge. And if you're game, join us!
What do you have to offer? EVERYTHING! You have specialized knowledge about your business, or you wouldn't be in it. So get writing or videoing - and posting!
Here are 10 ideas to get you going:
- Cut and paste is your friend. Repurpose material you already have sitting on your hard drive - e-mails, white papers, speeches.
- Think about the first thing people ask you when they find out what you do - and address that question.
- Recall all the times you find yourself thinking, "I thought everyone knew that." Obviously, everyone doesn't know that - but you do. Those are teachable moments ... and reasons to create content.
- What are the things you want to learn more about? As you do your research, share it!
- Have you had any significant successes with social media lately? Tell us about them!
- Profile your clients or vendors - they'll love you for helping them get more business.
- Be mindful of the day-to-day things ... there are teachable moments everywhere if you are paying close enough attention.
- Write a Top 10 List - favorites, tips, steps to a process, books, movies ... anything that's germane to your business, niche, or industry is appropriate.
- Read other blogs/watch other videos and comment on them!
- Write a case study - or a hypothetical story to illustrate your product or service ... but do it without selling! Remember - you're offering useful content, not a sales pitch.
Those should give you some ideas to get the old gray matter percolating! I know my mind is revving up and raring to go.
See you tomorrow for Day 2 of the 60-Day Content Challenge!
Sign up today for Laura's next workshop, Want to Charge More? Start Writing! Or e-mail your marketing or design questions to Laura.