Tuesday, June 28, 2011

When a client gives you chills — in a good way!

When a client gives you chills in a good way!

I'm very privileged to be working with a new client on an important book, the working title of which is The Time to Heal. To preserve her confidentiality regarding topic, I'll just say it's a groundbreaking work about a misunderstood illness.

As part of our workflow, we have a standing appointment for a weekly phone call check-in, during which we review our progress, address questions and issues, and set the schedule for the following week's work.

Today, just before we got off the phone, my client said, "There's one more thing I want to do before we hang up. I want you to take note of these 6 questions, because as we go through the process of writing this book, I want to keep these in mind at every stage." Her questions nearly brought  me to tears:
  • Is it true?
  • Is it helpful?
  • Is it kind?
  • Is it clear and concise?
  • What is healing about it?
  • Who is healing from it?

What a thoughtful individual she is and what a massively different world we'd live in if every author, writer, TV news commentator, blogger, social media user, individual would review these questions on a daily basis. My client's point was that although this will be a noteworthy book on what can be a terribly controversial issue, she wants her underlying purpose to be life-giving. Period.

Where can you apply these questions in your writing, work, and life?
____________

I invite you to do 3 things next:

  1. Visit Write | Market | Design to download your free eBook copy of The First-Time Author's Guide to Hiring the Right Editor for YOU!
  2. Visit my Facebook page and "Like" it if you like it.
  3. Visit my new book marketing blog, Marcie Brock - Book Marketing Maven. If you like it, subscribe and tell your friends!
 ____________

Your thoughtful comments encouraged and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment