Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to the Best Bibliophile I Know!

Happy Birthday to the Best Bibliophile I Know!


This is Birthday Week, I tell ya.

August 15 - my dad
August 16 - my friend and former personal trainer, Scott White
August 17 - my older sister
August 18 - my friend, Steve Avery

Because today is his actual birthday, I'm dedicating today's blog to Steve, perhaps the single most prolific purchaser of books outside a business, school, or library.

Steve, who recently admitted, "I'm think I'm more of a book collector than I am a reader," is amazing. For one thing, he has dedicated one room of his house as The Library. And he can tell you what's on all the bestseller lists - fiction and nonfiction, which titles are due out next Tuesday, which authors are being interviewed where, and which book will be the next to be turned into a film.

What's more, his reading taste runs the widest of gamuts, from sports to biography to history to Sooki Stackhouse and Harry Potter. We have a mutual friend who is a one-genre kind of guy: thrillers. Tom Clancy, Jonathan Kellerman, Dean Koontz, and the like. But not Steve. I love visiting his townhouse, because it's like visiting a one-of-a-kind book shop that features only the newest and most interesting titles.

Books Steve has turned me on to include The Song Reader, The Catcher Was a Spy, and all of David Baldacci's work (although, in my humble opinion, his earlier work was far superior to his more recent stuff).

Anyone who considers themselves a book lover should have a Steve in their life. He is a true bibliophile. Happiest birthday, Steve! May you receive only the books at the TOP of your list this year!


This is Day 29 in the 60-Day Content Challenge. See you tomorrow for the next post!
_______________________________________

Sign up today for Laura's next workshop, Want to Charge More? Start Writing! Or e-mail your writing, marketing, or design questions to Laura.



Tweet This ! (Click On It For Url Shortening)  Share On Facebook !

Share On Google Buzz !  Add To Del.icio.us !

Share On Digg !  Share On Reddit ! 

Share On LinkedIn !  Share On StumbleUpon !

Share On Friend Feed !  Share On Yahoo Buzz !

Share On Google Reader !  Send An Email !

Blog Feed ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment